Vestibular Rehabilitation is a specialized, exercise-based treatment program that can be effective in improving symptoms related to many vestibular (inner ear/balance) disorders. Vestibular rehab is intended to reduced vertigo and dizziness, gaze instability and/or imbalance and falls.
Why Choose Progressive Rehab?
At Progressive Rehab our physiotherapists will provide an individualized exercise-based program designed to promote the brain’s compensation for the inner ear deficits. A thorough assessment of eye- head coordination, balance, gait, gaze stabilization and motion sensitivity will be performed by a physiotherapist certified in vestibular therapy, to determine a unique treatment program.
Vestibular rehabilitation treatment programs may include:
- Repositioning maneuvers for Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Balance retaining exercises
- Specific vestibular exercises (adaptation and habituation exercises)
- Monitoring progress and continually challenging the vestibular, visual, and balance systems
- Infrared goggle technology
Symptoms of vestibular disorders can diminish the quality of life and impact daily living, as well as contribute to emotional problems such as anxiety and depression.
Vestibular rehab at Progressive has numerous benefits and can help with a variety of conditions, including:
- Balance and proprioception deficits
- Benign Proximal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Unilateral/bilateral vestibular loss
- Vestibular hypofunction
- Vestibular migraine
- Vestibular neuritis
- Visual disturbances