Concussion rehabilitation is provided by a certified clinician that uses evidence-based treatment protocols to address the symptoms of concussions and post-concussion syndrome. Concussions are a growing concern and proper attention to treatment must be stressed to encourage optimal and timely management.
Recent and Post-concussion syndrome treatment programs may include (but are not limited to):
- Symptom relief
- Desensitization therapies
- Balance and proprioception training
- Neck rehab therapy
- Sub-symptom cardio exercise
- Vision rehab therapy
- Vestibular rehab therapy
- Cognitive rehab therapy
- Activity reconditioning
- Step-by-step approach to return to regular activity
Why Choose Progressive Rehab?
At Progressive Rehab, our experienced clinicians certified in concussion therapy take an evidence-based approach to treatment options for concussions. While rest is a necessary component of initial concussion healing, we also prescribe exercise therapy, manual therapy, diet and nutritional changes, vestibular rehabilitation, and education programs for patients.
Concussion rehab at Progressive has numerous benefits and can help with a variety of symptoms, including (but not limited to):
- Imbalance and unsteadiness
- Neck pain, endurance and proprioception
- Cognitive concerns like problems with concentration, difficulty focusing, word finding difficulties and short-term memory loss
- Visual problems like photophobia (light sensitivity), eye strain and difficulty with gaze stabilization
- Insomnia (difficulty sleeping)
- Emotional concerns like irritability, anxiety, mood swings and anger management concerns
- Malaise and fatigue