- Please arrive at your appointment 10-15 minutes early as you will need to complete intake forms
- Bring any test reports or other medical documentation you feel may be helpful in your treatment planning
- Bring your extended health benefits card as we may be able to directly bill your insurer for your visit
- If your condition is related to a workplace injury or a car accident, we require your case manager’s name and contact information, your claim number, and extended health benefits information
- Your therapist will perform a thorough examination, analyze your concerns and establish an individualized treatment plan in collaboration with your goals and needs
- Treatment on the first visit may include education, self-management strategies, hands on treatment and exercise prescription as appropriate
Physiotherapists, Chiropractors and Massage Therapists are direct access health professionals, which means that a physician’s referral is not necessary to receive treatment. However, some extended health benefit plan insurance companies may still require a physician’s referral for reimbursement of treatments.
Loose fitting clothing is preferred so you can expose the area that we will be evaluating and treating. However, we do have gowns and shorts available for your convenience.
Physiotherapy sessions are generally 20 to 60 minutes per visit depending on your specific diagnosis, care plan and/or the scheduled treatment duration.
Chiropractic sessions are generally 20 to 40 minutes per visit depending on your specific diagnosis, care plan and/or the scheduled treatment duration.
Massage and acupuncture sessions are for the scheduled appointment duration.
This is highly variable and dependent on your diagnosis and your individual goals/expectations from your treatment.
All of our health care professionals are fully licensed by their respective provincial governing bodies.
Progressive Rehab’s physiotherapists have specialized knowledge of the anatomy, physiology, and movement of the human body. This allows them to:
- Accurately diagnose the patient’s condition
- Identify the underlying root cause of the problem(s)
- Create an individualized and focused treatment plan to facilitate recovery from injury, alleviate or control symptoms, and prevent future reoccurrence
If unsure, then please call us for a free 15-minute consultation with one of our physiotherapists.
Many extended health insurance plans allow us to bill them directly. However, every plan has different policies. Please bring in your extended health information on your initial appointment and we can confirm if we can bill directly for you and inform you of your specific plan coverage.
Motor vehicle accident claims can be extremely overwhelming. You do not require a physician’s referral to start treatment, our health professionals can initiate all necessary documentation. Please call us or drop by the clinic and we would be pleased and answer any questions you may have. Our trained and friendly support staff will walk you through the process step by step.
Workplace injuries claims with WSIB can be extremely overwhelming. You do not require a physician’s referral to start treatment, our health professionals can initiate all necessary documentation and coordinate return to work. Please call us or drop by the clinic and we would be pleased and answer any questions you may have. Our trained and friendly support staff will walk you through the process step by step.
Flare-ups are not uncommon. If you have a flare-up or exacerbation, please contact us. Your treating therapist may suggest you come back for treatment, return to your doctor, or simply modify your daily activities or exercise routine.
All of our health care professionals are highly skilled and trained to assist you with your concerns. However, our physiotherapists and chiropractors are able to provide you with a diagnosis and recommend appropriate treatment options. Please call to speak with one of our clinicians for more information.
Yes. Our trained and skilled clinicians will perform a thorough assessment, assist with overall recovery and return to work in an efficient and effective manner. Our multidisciplinary approach will help manage pain and functional limitations through exercise, task simulation, work conditioning/hardening, hands-on therapy and education. You will benefit from calm reassurance, a greater understanding of your pain and dysfunction, an effective management plan, and a referral network for any additional services required. Please refer to our Return to Work and PGAP service for more details.