Compression stockings can be worn to improve circulation, for added comfort, better range of motion, improved function, sports therapy, and to help prevent other serious medical conditions from occurring or worsening. Compression stockings work to improve your blood flow, lessening pain and swelling. They can also help to lower the chance of developing deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and other circulation problems.
Compression stockings are uniquely made, snug-fitting, stretchy sock-like stockings that gently squeeze an area of your body to provide healing and pain relief. The pressure of the stockings helps blood vessels work better. The arteries that take oxygen-rich blood to your muscles can relax, so blood can flow more freely. As the blood is able to move freely, it is less likely that blood will pool or clot in the veins.
Why Choose Progressive Rehab?
Compression stockings come in a range of sizes, strengths and styles; Progressive Rehab’s clinicians will ensure you get suited with compression stockings that will work best for your required condition.
Compression stockings can provide aid to a variety of different ailments, including:
- Circulation problems like DVT, varicose veins, or diabetes
- Post-surgical rehab
- Sports-related injury (or prevention)
- Swelling management
Individuals who can benefit from the use of compression stockings may be (but are not limited to):
- Individuals who have or are at risk for circulation problems
- Individuals who have recently had surgery
- Individuals who are bedridden or have a hard time moving their legs
- Individuals who stand for long periods of time at work
- Pregnant women
- Individuals who spend long stretches of time on airplanes, like pilots and flight attendants