Massage Therapy involves the hands-on mobilization of the soft tissue structures of the body – the muscles, skin, connective tissues, tendons, and ligaments – to treat pain and dysfunction. It helps improve the function of the musculoskeletal, circulatory, lymphatic, immune, and nervous systems.
Why Choose Progressive Rehab?
All the massage therapists at Progressive Rehab are professionally trained and registered with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario.
Our massage therapists utilize a variety of massage techniques, dependent on the needs of the patient. These techniques can include (but are not limited to):
- Swedish massage
- Hot stone therapy
- Lymphatic massage
- Prenatal massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Trigger point therapy
- Athletic massage
The massage therapists at Progressive Rehab work closely with our team of physiotherapists and chiropractors to facilitate your overall recovery in the most effective and efficient way possible.
Massage Therapy at Progressive Rehab has numerous benefits and can help with a variety of conditions, including:
- Reduce muscle tension, muscle spasm, and stiffness
- Improve circulation and lymphatic drainage
- Relieve pain
- Improve joint mobility and flexibility
- Relieve pain and discomfort due to pregnancy
- Relieve tension headaches
- Facilitate recovery from muscle strains and ligament sprains
- Stress reduction and relaxation
- Relieve post athletic competition muscle stress and tension